The HIWeather Workshop will be hold in Beijing, China from 20 to 22 November 2018
HIWeather research focuses on: entire value chain of the provision of weather forecasts and warnings on time-scales of minutes to two weeks.
HIWeather seeks to:
1. Advance understanding of weather processes and predictability
2. Advance weather-related hazard forecasting on various scales
3. Advance forecasting of impacts
4. Measure skill and value of forecasts and warnings
5. Improve the communication and perception of forecasts and warnings
with a focus on hazards and impacts that result from disruptive winter weather, extreme localized winds, wildfires, urban flood, as well as urban heat and air quality. The workshop will be guided by the question on how the value of warnings can be increased.
•Oral and poster presentations for the HIWeather research areas
•Panel discussions on urban health hazards and extreme hydrological events
•Breakout group discussions to identify challenges in meeting the needs for high-impact weather related warnings and to develop ideas on how to address them
Please express your interest in participating in the workshop, together with an abstract (max. 300 words) via email to the HIWeather International Coordination Office (email@example.com) before 17 September 2018.
More information can be found at http://meetings.cma.cn