Results found: 48
Building Heat-Resiliency: Actions and Opportunities for Healthier Cities and Communities
Health Pavilion, COP28, Dubai, UAE
Dec 9, 2023
Time: 11:15-12:30 local time (Dubai) Vulnerable populations in urban areas are experiencing the deadly impacts of extreme heat events like never before. Facing rapidly rising temperatures, leading experts from around the world will highlight both nature-based and people-based solutions and opportunities that can make a difference at the local level to reduce the impacts of extreme heat. A panel session will showcase:
- Opportunities for the scaling up of heat preparedness and early warning
- People-centered policies and behaviors for health protection, particularly indoor heat and heat action plans.
- Nature-based solutions and other city planning interventions that impact how heat is experienced through changes to urban landscapes, building designs, and green spaces
- Policy and regulatory solutions that can support the implementation of both nature-based and people-centered heat reduction solutions.
- Heat and Health: Action Statement from the Global Heat Health Information Network
- “Fan-First” Cooling – a low-carbon way to improve heat resilience in a changing climate